Development of Operational Manual for NWRCBNet
The National Water Resources Capacity Building Network (NWRCBNet) was set up in 2006 by the Federal Ministry of Water Resource (FMWR) through the National Water Research Institute (NWRI) as an organ to build the capacity in the water industry. By 2014, capacity building activities were yet to take off in the centers it selected as Capacity Building Institutes across the country. To address this, FMWR through the National Urban Water Sector Reform Project (NUWSRP) engaged the services of VIPCG to develop a comprehensive operational guideline/manual for the Network. In addition, VIPCG also developed a Memorandum of Understanding between the participating Universities and the NWRI.
STATEMENT OF WORK COMPLETED
- Conducted a study of the Network ‘As Is” to determine the current state, the strengths and challenges, and generate a report with recommended changes that can move the network to become operational.
- Developed a draft Operational Manual and feedback same to the National Project Office, the NWRI and the participating Universities.
- Facilitated a workshop for all stakeholders to review the Draft Operational Manual and agree on changes where necessary.
- Produced a finalized Operational Manual ready for print and distribution to all stakeholders.
- Produced an MOU to be signed between the participating universities and the NWRI to operationalize the Network.
WORK OUT PUTS
- Report of the Assessment of the NWRCBNet
- Draft Operational Manual
- Finalized Operational Manual